Feral Cats with Mange

LaPatCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve noticed one of the stray cats on my street has a bad case of mange. Can anyone give me some advice on how I can help this poor guy? I plan on trapping him eventually… I honestly just don’t know where to start.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, part of the problem is that I think there are two types of mange. You could try adding supplements to his food to help try and boost his immune system, but he needs to be seen so the type of mange can be diagnosed.

Do you have a trap? If there are TNR groups in your area, they likely will help you, or let you borrow a trap.

Then use the stinkiest food you can get, mackerel or sardines, or Kentucky Fried chicken.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LaPatCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! What kind of supplements should I get? I just purchased a trap, I have vouchers from OC Animal Allies but the pet clinic keeps telling me to call them back to make sure they have revolution (which has been a little frustrating since I’ve been in contact with them for several months). At this point I’m willing to pay out of pocket somewhere else to speed up the process.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited:

LaPatCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I informed the receptionist who I’ve been in contact with about the mange and she keeps telling me they need to make sure they have revolution before I can set appointment… this is my first time doing this so I’m not sure if this is how it’s supposed to be or not.

LaPatCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your help! I just ordered L-lysine on Amazon. I’m excited to get the ball rolling!