Feral Cats in Cremona, Italy - can no longer afford to feed them

keachel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a friend that lives in Cremona, Italy. There are all types of feral cats living outside her home. She can no longer afford them and is getting no assistance from the local government. She wants to visit me in the US but she cannot leave the cats unattended. What can she do, especially since she is getting no public assistance and cannot afford to have the cats spayed or neutered at the vet as she is liable for payment.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the case the ferals aren't a registered colony, your friend should have registered the feral colony with the local authority (city council and veterinary health bureau) and gotten access to the advantages of a registered colony, namely the fact that the city council would cover the costs of spaying and neutering at the vets.

I don't know how long your friend will stay away from home, but she could look for local volunteers (people who already take care of other ferals) or cat-sitters, to look after her cats. Of course she will have to compensate them for this service, depending on how generous these people are.