Feral cat sneezing

sha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i see a feral cat on my commute. he is sneezing and has some discharge from his nose. someone told me he won't go into a trap. how can i help him without taking him to a vet? i called the pet store and they suggested lysine but i read that is specific for a certain virus and i don't know what is wrong with kitty. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Homeopet nose relief isn't a cure, depending on what-all he has going on, but it could possibly help.

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet kitty would go into trap eventually…put really smelly tasty tuna in there and cover trap with cloth. Sneezing in kitties usually a sign of something. Thanks for caring.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
There's really little point in buying L-Lysine unless you know exactly what the cat has and are in a position to give the supplements to him daily.

Do you feed this cat regularly? If you do then it's easy enough to trap him. I'm going to share and article and a video for you to take a look at. But I wouldn't recommend getting him any supplements yet. If he has a respiratory infection he'll need antibiotics, if he has something more serious he'll need the appropriate medication for whatever that is.

Save your money for proper vet treatment, it will do him more good in the long run.

Everything You Need To Know About TNR (trap-neuter-release) - TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you everyone for the advice and the video! i will bear all of it in mind. meow.