Feral cat rivalry

Momick

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 feral cats now for 3 years and have heated homes for them in 2 separate areas of my yard due to the male bullying the female. Recently the male has chased her out of her home and she will not get back in. It is 32 degrees today and she is sitting against my house in the snow. This has been going on for 2 weeks. I bought a second heated home, put her food inside but she will not use it either. Feeling really sad for her...Any helpful ideas?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have seen this happen with ferals. You are talking about 2 cats, both of whom have lived on your property, not a new male? The only thing that has worked for me is continual rearrangement of the position of the beds, if this is something that would work for your property. Finally, the cats seems to settle down. Alternate protection like the tarps might help. Luring her in with special food, just to let her see that everything is okay might work if the male does not come for the food. Does she respond to catnip?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Momick

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will keep trying to change up beds. And yes, food is an issue. Unfortunately, cats don't eat like dogs! Thx!