Female Cat has Chin Acne

Argentin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My vet thought it was flea droppings but it's been there for months and she is treated for fleas (my husband is fairly allergic to flea bites so we would know lol). We've tried diet change which worked for a bit but she hated the food and would let it rot rather than eat it. Adjusted the bowl because we think her chin got wet while eating, helped for a bit but I think she started dunking her face anyway lol. I have some cat wipes I try to clean it with but doesn't seem to help long term. The medicine ones may help more, but I realized they say not to let them lick the area but that seems impossible.

Any recommendations?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you feed in a plastic bowl, if so change to metal or porcelain. Try wiping with clean warm water and dabbing a little coconut oil on the area a couple of times a day.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phoebe has had acne for years, as far as we know it ties in with her IBD and the RC Anallergenic dry food she eats. I clean it every other day with diluted Betadine on a cotton ball, and once it’s wet comb the blackheads off with a flea comb. All her bowls and saucers are china or metal. I tried coconut oil briefly but didn’t find it helpful; if anything it seemed to clog her up more.