Feel so guilty :’(

marissam16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I feel so guilty for making my cat feel not good 😭

I adopted my baby in April 2022 and took her for her 1st vet visit yesterday to get updated on shots and looked at. She got her rabies and FVRCP shots. Shortly after, she began biting and itching at her paws so I had to take her in AGAIN for 2 more shots to stop the side effects.

It’s only been 24 hours since this all happened and I know lethargy and her not acting herself is normal, but I still feel horrible and can’t quit worrying about her. :’( I’m already an extremely anxious person and I haven’t been able to rest from worrying about her.

She’s going to be 2 in August and she was fine and healthy at the vet which is great! I just have huge anxiety of taking my cats to the vet and it took a lot of courage to take her in yesterday. I just hope she recovers soon but I’ll definitely give her time since she was so stressed yesterday and had 4 shots. She isn’t as energetic as she usually is and just lays around and it makes me so sad. I feel horrible :’(

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I just wanted to talk about it. I blow things out of proportion in my head and just feel the need to keep her in my eyesight at all times to make sure she’s okay still. I fear she won’t return back to her normal self but I know she will. 😭 I just miss her little energetic self and feel so guilty for making her so under the weather.

She just came and went to sleep next to me on my bed so I attached a photo of her currently. 💙

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, I think you need to stop being so hard on yourself, partly because she doesn't understand why you're upset but mostly because none of what is occurring is your fault.

I'm posting this article because lately I'm reading that more cats having strong reactions to shots again. You may want to mention this to your vet;

Clusters of suddenly sick cats roil some veterinary clinics