Farmina’s Pumpkin and Quail not…the same

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Arg. Without being too descriptive, the pumpkin and quail is chunkier than it used to be. Zorro snubs the chunks, which can account for at least a half of the can. Other tins can be of late pure soup, with a little bit of quail. This wasn’t always so. When I mentioned this to Farmina, they replied “It’s just how it comes off the assembly line.” Again, not always so. It used to be finely minced, with the right amount of juice every time. I suspect either more demand, or, more likely, a change in the mechanics.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sorry, it's so frustrating, to say the least, when manufacturers make changes like this.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it's very annoying. I recently received two cases of Sheba Trout (the only food Tinky will eat at the moment) and he wouldn't touch anything from either case. I called them and asked if they had a formula change or what, as each of those cases had the same lot number. They assured me there was no changes. I was hesitant to get any more cases, but next time my autoship from Chewy rolled around two more cases came and thankfully they were different lot numbers. Tinky ate from them like normal. Obviously something was amiss with that particular batch, and Sheba was going to look into it, but I never heard anything back from them.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Same thing with my lady order of Royal Canin Prescription Rabbit. One case was blah— pale, no smell

Got the same answer from RC… nothing changed. Geoffrey refused the case. And i refused to give it to him.

dam companies. No regulation.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Arg. Without being too descriptive, the pumpkin and quail is chunkier than it used to be. Zorro snubs the chunks, which can account for at least a half of the can. Other tins can be of late pure soup, with a little bit of quail. This wasn’t always so. When I mentioned this to Farmina, they replied “It’s just how it comes off the assembly line.” Again, not always so. It used to be finely minced, with the right amount of juice every time. I suspect either more demand, or, more likely, a change in the mechanics.
I know what you mean with the farmina which is why I am buying orijen canned instead. She eats small portions and it fills her up so she doesn't try to eat my other cats food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
To their credit, they did give me a lengthy, explanatory, kind reply. But now it isn’t even on the shelves here so have switched to pumpkin and venison, which seems to be working.

I do wonder why IBS is such a thing in cats… I almost wonder if it could somehow be the can itself? 🤔 But it makes choosing the wet food a challenge!