Farewell, Sylvester.

unknown01891

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On Tuesday this week, my little 7 month old boy passed due to lung failure. He was a ball of fur, an energetic ray of sunshine, not to mention the most lovable kitten, even by those who did not like cats. When the neighbour's dog attacked him, he wasn't the same. We thought he would make a full recovery, seeing that even though his leg was injured, he would try to stand. Occasionally he would walk around for 3 seconds. Because of this, we did not expect him to pass, and we were hit with shock when it happened. He was a strong baby, and will be missed dearly. I'm heartbroken and I still can't believe he's gone. My other kitty is also devastated as she cared for him for the 3 days he was injured. Initially when we told the Vet what his condition was, they said to put him down. We refused, however, as once again, he showed what seemed to be signs of recovery. But we were so wrong. I have no regret, as in those last 3 days we gave him much better care and love he could get before his death. I miss my baby. To conclude, I say Farewell, Sylvester, I love and miss you.
(I know I may get hate for refusal to put him down, however I could never prepare myself to go through with it.)

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss, when I read his name my heart dropped as that is my Angel boy's name too, so so sorry that this happened to you all, but he is okay now, not injured or hurting anymore although you of course would rather have him with you, but you will see him again one day.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet boy. And no, we wouldn't put you down for refusing to put him down or even putting him down in the end. We were not there. We know you loved him. Their lives are so fleeting sometimes. We are privileged to get them and love them, for as long as we can. Before my Timmer was even showing signs of illness I used to thank God every day for bringing him into my life. We just have to appreciate everything we have because we never know if there will be a tomorrow.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry that your sweet boy had to leave you. :alright: Sylvester sounds like a very special little guy, one who added so much life and joy to your house. May he live on in your heart and his presence there bring you comfort. That sounds like a bit of a cliche, I know, but, speaking from experience, there will reach a time when your memories of life with Sylvester will let you smile again.
angel_calico_cat_in_the_clouds_tile-r52c36456206c43d08b86b0b1fd4c0d44_agtk1_8byvr_540.jpg

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor little angel. He was so young but at least he knew a loving home and a loving human companion. No one can fault you for your decision to wait, you had hope for his recovery and wanted to give him every possible chance. He will always be in your heart.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There will be no one on this site that would condemn you for an act of love and hope. I, too, have held little ones in my arms and watched them pass when I was told there was no hope. But I have always believed in life, as long as there is a breathe left there is hope. and I have seen recovery from illness and wounds that appeared to be without hope, so never give up, you have nothing to feel guilty for, what you did you did out of love.
You gave that little boy love and care in his last days, you also gave him a place in your heart for eternity. To have someone left behind that remembers, that loves, is the greatest gift you could give him, and he thanks you for that. Use your beautiful memories of that sweet boy to bring yourself comfort, he would want to be remembered with joy, not sadness, because that is what love is,wanting the best for the ones left behind.
I wish things could have been different, but there is no way to change the past no matter how much we want to. If that dog is allowed to roam free, I would definitely turn it into the local humane society or the law, only a vicious dog would kill a domestic animal, and once they start doing that it is only a matter of time before the next victim is a child. Please don't let this continue.
My heart goes out to you, I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, take care......RIP little Sylvester. Your time on this earth was short, but you left behind those who will continue to love and hold you in their hearts forever, and you left a huge mark in their lives. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again. Goodnight, sleep tight, little Prince!