Famous mom cat and her kitten pic from 1925

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They could have been dead before many of us were born, they are in their 30's in the pic from 1925, but your right, probably not dead, but seniors atleast.

ron-ny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here is the story on the above picture and why it looked posed, because it was!~ "It was a sunny summer afternoon, July 29, 1925. Harry Warnecke, a photographer for the New York News, got a phone tip that a cat trying to carry its kittens home was tying up traffic because a policeman had stopped the cars on a busy street (Centre Street) to allow it to cross. Warnecke arrived after the event was over, but he convinced the policeman and cat’s owner to allow him to recreate the scene. Despite the policeman’s initial reluctance, the cat’s inclination to cross the street diagonally instead of in front of the cars, and furious honking motorists, Warnecke finally got his shot, after three attempts."

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
What a neat picture! Totally worthy of resurrection! That was just awesome. 

We have a lot of ducks in our area of the county. A couple of years ago, a mama had given birth to several baby ducklings. They were trying to cross the street and fell down through the stormwater drain cover. The mama was quacking frantically and it drew the attention of passersby. The Borough Manager heard about it and she sent workers out to rescue the babies. It made the local newspaper. I think there were five babies and all survived. 

Last edited:

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

What a neat picture! Totally worthy of resurrection! That was just awesome. 

We have a lot of ducks in our area of the county. A couple of years ago, a mama had given birth to several baby ducklings. They were trying to cross the street and fell down through the stormwater drain cover. The mama was quacking frantically and it drew the attention of passersby. The Borough Manager heard about it and she sent workers out to rescue the babies. It made the local newspaper. I think there were five babies and all survived. 
I think it was on Youtube too.  Otherwise a very similiar happening.    :)

I mean, it is probable possible to find this film clip.

This, perhaps?  
And if it isnt this, it means such happenings arent really unique, but does happens now and again.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Another youtube clip I got to think of, was a deer kid falling down into such a  cellar-window-sink, you know.   A couple of men took up that kid, while the deer-mom was anxiously waiting nearby.  And she accepted her kid, and they left together.

This also teach us, it is probably a myth deer moms abandon her kid, if humans happen to touch it.

We know it is a myth for cats, even homeless / ferale cats,  but it seems it is a myth for the source of the myth; the deers, too...

Here is another happening, but on the same theme:  

Last edited: