Fact Or Fiction?

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If a cat falls from the 7th floor of a building it has about 30% less chance of surviving than a cat that falls from the 20th floor.
It supposedly takes about 8 floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
hmmm. --seems like I've heard about quicker reaction times than that.
Edit; I was just remembering a video that I'm fairly sure was less than 7 floors, the cat for some strange reason was totally adamant about getting out, no ledge no nothing, the hapless worker on the roof had to watch the whole thing. It spread-eagled, and ran away after. Craziness.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
All I've ever heard is the cat has a greater chance of injuring itself falling off the fridge than it does falling off your roof. I've seen a few horrific videos of cats falling from trees and telephone poles that were basically uninjured but not unscathed.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
kittens mom kittens mom oh yeah, or the ones where the firefighter's up on the ladder and basically just gives the cat a "here you go, fly away" toss (don't get me wrong, I love firefighters!), and the camera follows the cat's trajectory and landing, and sure enough, up and away it goes.