Eyebrow sugaring

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone had their eyebrows sugared? I used get mine waxed, but I'm looking into hopefully less painful ways to tame them. I'm a totally wuss when it comes to hair removal so the easier the better!
Does sugaring really work?

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it works and yes, it is less painful than waxing.  If you are doing it yourself it takes a bit of practice to get the hang of it and then you're home free.  Parissa makes a nice little kit with everything you need.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no, not doing it myself! I'd probably take off half my eyelashes. :lol3:
I'm going to a salon and wanted to try something new, but I was a little skeptical.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use body sugar on all of the body hair I want to remove, including eye brows.  Works like a charm.  The benefits of sugar:

1. It goes on warm, not hot

2. If you make a mistake applying it, you can wipe it off and start again

3. Because it doesn't cling to the skin like wax, it hurts less when you pull the strip

4. No ugly red bumps after treatment

5. You can serve it over ice cream for a yummy treat because all there is in it is sugar.

The cons:

1.  It doesn't work so well on coarse hair, like those stubborn chin ones that you get when you get older.

2.  Difficult to use with high humidity because the skin needs to be dry and oil free.

I've been sugaring since June 1996. I know because the day before I wrote my licensing exam I spent the evening sugaring my body, lol

You can buy sugar or you can make it yourself.  For a first time user I'd recommend buying it so that you know you have the right stuff with proper instructions.

It is important to use it in a certain way:

1.  Clean and dry skin

2.  Apply a very thin layer on the skin going in the direction of the hair growth. For the shin, that is towards the ankle for example.  If you think you have a thin enough layer, scrape some off!  Chances are you have too much on. If there is too much, it won't take the hair.

3. Apply the strip. Give it a good rub.

4. Using the shin as an example, hold the leg just below the strip, so the skin is pulled taught.

5. Lift the bottom edge of the strip and pull backwards quickly.  DO NOT PULL UP AND BACK! because you will cause yourself huge pain and bruising. You want to pull the strip right back on itself towards the top of the strip.

6. Place the same strip on another part of the leg, give it another good rub and remove the strip as above.

7. Repeat until the strip won't take anymore hair.

8. Start at Step 2 again on another part of your leg, using the same strip.

Once the strip has too much sugar on it and too much hair, change to another strip. 

When finished, wash the strips in warm water and hang to dry.

Enjoy hair freeness for up to 8 weeks!