Eye Worries

AtlasThaTitan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
0728191539.jpg
Hi hello! I have a 3 month old Kitten and recently noticed his eye has an issue. Originally I thought they were normal eye crusties and didnt worry much but recently it seems to have gotten worse.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Clean the eyes gently with a warm, damp cloth, and get a tube of Terramycin antibiotic eye ointment. Your vet will have it, and it is also available online through Amazon and Chewy. It will clear up infection! :)

Pretty kitty!

AtlasThaTitan AtlasThaTitan

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kittens can and do get minor eye infections fairly easily. While it doesn't look super bad, seeing a vet for a check just to be sure is probably your best move. My boy, Link, got a minor eye infection when he was around that age too. The vet did a stain to make sure it wasn't scratched then gave me an eye ointment to apply for a week. Cleared up with no lasting harm.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AtlasThaTitan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kittens can and do get minor eye infections fairly easily. While it doesn't look super bad, seeing a vet for a check just to be sure is probably your best move. My boy, Link, got a minor eye infection when he was around that age too. The vet did a stain to make sure it wasn't scratched then gave me an eye ointment to apply for a week. Cleared up with no lasting harm.
Thank you for the advice I'm trying to get him seen on Sunday!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AtlasThaTitan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Clean the eyes gently with a warm, damp cloth, and get a tube of Terramycin antibiotic eye ointment. Your vet will have it, and it is also available online through Amazon and Chewy. It will clear up infection! :)

Pretty kitty!

AtlasThaTitan AtlasThaTitan
Thank you! I try to clean it offen but he hates me now I'll do my best till i can get him seen