Eye problem

Kirkschim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anyone have any idea what could be wrong with my cats eye. It’s been like this for a couple of weeks now. It did get a little better for a few days but for the most part it has looked like this. The moisture and stuff around his eye that you see in the picture are from some cat eye drops I had here from a previous cat We had. Any info/help is appreciated.

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone have any idea what could be wrong with my cats eye. It’s been like this for a couple of weeks now. It did get a little better for a few days but for the most part it has looked like this. The moisture and stuff around his eye that you see in the picture are from some cat eye drops I had here from a previous cat We had. Any info/help is appreciated.
Please let her doctor examine her as soon as possible. Do not attempt to treat this yourself.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kirkschim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well it’s not actually my cat. It’s a cat at my friends house. It‘s a stray cat that showed up a year or two ago. He doesn’t even like cats but has been buying and feeding it good canned food since it’s been there. He will not spend any additional money on the cat with it being a stray. The eye drops that I’ve been using when I th over there are eye drops that were at the house that his ex wife had there for her cat. I’m just trying to help as much as I can.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't use the eye drops from the previous cat. At best, it won't do a thing. At worse, it'll just make whatever the issue is even worse. Please take the cat to the vet. The eye issue could be anything from a scratched cornea or a foreign body or an infection or any number of things. You can contact a rescue and see if they will trap the cat and get it the vet care it needs.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it’s not actually my cat. It’s a cat at my friends house. It‘s a stray cat that showed up a year or two ago. He doesn’t even like cats but has been buying and feeding it good canned food since it’s been there. He will not spend any additional money on the cat with it being a stray. The eye drops that I’ve been using when I th over there are eye drops that were at the house that his ex wife had there for her cat. I’m just trying to help as much as I can.
This cat needs medical care A/O. Someone has to care enough to do this!