Eye problem, please help 😕

Trenee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted a kitten a couple of months ago and her first check up visit she was having issues with her eye- she was squinting and it was watering with a bit of discharge well they gave me erythromycin and ointment to go in her eye for 10 days well it seemed to clear up but it seems to keep coming back, any idea what could be causing it? I’m also calling the vet tomorrow, just trying to see if there are any ways I can help her. She seems to be doing okay other than that. She’s playing, eating, acting like a normal kitten. It’s just sad to look at her eye 😕

Attachments

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so exotic 💞. It could be a lingering virus. Is she sneezing as well? Some cats respond well to immune support such as L-lysine supplement and S. boulardi probiotic. I have several with that issue and my vet gives me antibiotic eyedrops to keep on hand in case the discharge becomes gunky yellow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Trenee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately I’m not sure if they did stain her eye because I wasn’t in the room with her, they said she had something that started with an S but I can’t remember it, and they didn’t put it in her papers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Trenee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you call them and ask what they did, and what the name of this thing starting with an S is?
Yeah it’s impossible to get ahold of them, it’s the humane society hospital so I guess they’re busy all the time. They’re closed today of course. They don’t have apts until the end of June and they used to accept walk ins but not anymore. So trying to find a good place to go

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may be a scratch on the thin surface of her eye, that's why others have asked you if the vets stained it. Or it could be a viral thing, something that many kittens born in the wild carry on them and if this is the case, it is even possible that the cat can have a few relapses in her life, because the disease gets chronic, even after the vaccinations.
Yes, you could find another good place where they can tell you something about it.