Eye Injury Emergency

solaris

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey folks, I just had two of the cats I feed at my apartment complex get into a fight. One of them has blood in her eye; she let me gently pull the lid open enough to at least make sure the eye was still in there, but I don't know what else to do. I'm extra afraid because this cat already has an eye infection and I am very broke and it's New Year's Day and I don't think anyone's going to be open anyway. I am desperately seeking any advice - if she'd been scratched literally anywhere else I'd just disinfect it and slap some antibiotic cream on, but I have no idea what to do with an injured eye.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solaris

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just found a tube of terramycin, may have to see if that helps

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Terramycin and antibiotic (no pain reliever or numbing added) is better than nothing. Make sure she is eating and drinking. If you can keep her in a kennel inside while she heals both to prevent additional complications and to keep an eye on her.

solaris

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Terramycin and antibiotic (no pain reliever or numbing added) is better than nothing. Make sure she is eating and drinking. If you can keep her in a kennel inside while she heals both to prevent additional complications and to keep an eye on her.
Thank you very much for responding. She's hiding in the laundry room right now and she has the eye open, which makes me feel somewhat better. She's still really really upset, so I'm trying to give her a little time before I try to get the terramycin in there. She did eat some food and drank plenty of water. I'm *hoping* maybe the other cat just got her in the eyelid or that the blood came from some of the other scratches - I didn't realize at first that she's got several bloody scratches hidden in the fur around her eyes. This was apparently just one of those "whirlwind of violence" cat fights because it all happened within the ten or so seconds between me looking out the window and seeing her sitting on the sill and walking into the next room. Sigh.

solaris

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The male she attacked is, another local male is not. I *think* she's been spayed if only because if she hadn't been there'd have been kittens by now - she's a little shaggy in the back and I just thought she was another neutered male for a while.