Experience with antifungal sprays?

Meimaar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has ringworm so the vet prescribed her lamisil spray but I can't apply it properly because of her attitude. Does anyone know if I can just spray it between her shoulder blades similar to flea medications?

On another note, I actually feel like the vet misdiagnosed her. he didn't run any tests just shaved and spot diagnosed her but this doesn't look like typical cases of ringworm. she has a couple small yellowish scales but no hair loss where the scales are

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Ringworm in Cats | VCA Animal Hospital

I don't know if this article will clarify anything for you but it does cover diagnosis and treatment. To answer your question, ringworm topical medication has to be applied to the part of the body that is affected and will not work like Advantage or a spot on flea preventative. Most cats hate sprays; can you apply the spray to a cloth and apply it that way? Sometimes an oral medication is also used.

That does not answer the question that your cat may or may not have ringworm. Did the vet use a Woods Lamp (although that may not always be conclusive)?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meimaar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ringworm in Cats | VCA Animal Hospital

I don't know if this article will clarify anything for you but it does cover diagnosis and treatment. To answer your question, ringworm topical medication has to be applied to the part of the body that is affected and will not work like Advantage or a spot on flea preventative. Most cats hate sprays; can you apply the spray to a cloth and apply it that way? Sometimes an oral medication is also used.

That does not answer the question that your cat may or may not have ringworm. Did the vet use a Woods Lamp (although that may not always be conclusive)?
I appreciate the help, thank you! The vet just lazily took a look, didn't use anything at all or give it any real effort. I don't trust people like this.