Ever had "one of those days"....? (long)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything I have tried to do today has turned to crap. I've just given up and opened a beer....I'm done.

First, I'm getting laundry together this morning when the dogs start barking to come back in. In come 3 and I figured Brooke (sled dog) wanted to stay out in the cold so I go back to switching the laundry. Then I hear her bark, so I open the door...no Brooke. I call for her...no Brooke. Finally, I put on my boots and traips out in the snow and ice filled yard thinking maybe she got out still calling for her. Nothing. I walk back to the house and see her big face sticking out from under the porch! Our pug, Buttercup, dug herself a little hidey hole under the porch (really just a deck with sides, no foundation) and somehow this polar bear of a dog squeezed herself in there and couldn't get out because of the ice.

So finally after chopping (ice and frozen shale, with a plastic snow shovel..yeah, right), coaxing and sweet talking, and finally sitting on my butt in the ice (in sweatpants with holes) she managed to get herself halfway out, and by bracing myself with my feet on the porch I pulled her out the rest of the way. Yeah, that would have made a great YouTube video.....

After coming in and giving them all their treats, I realized my washing machine was "walking" across the laundry room. While I could get into the beat, I really don't think something without feet or wheels should be moving like that. So then it was 15 minutes of trying to rebalance the clothes, turn it back on, shut it off when it starts walking again, push it back in place, try again, and finally getting so frustrated that I just took half the load out and threw it in the tub.

Then, the dishes. Why do they pile up so much over the holidays? Could be because I HATE doing them but that's besides the point
. Started rinsing out everything to put in the dishwasher and somehow water poured all over the floor...and my feet. I was in socks. So, I changed into dry ones....and stepped in the puddle again! Now I know most smart people would have cleaned up the puddle BEFORE changing socks but apparently I'm not that smart.

THEN, the litter boxes. Cleaning them, I filled up a big ziplock bag...didn't realize the bottom was faulty. Picked it up, and dirty litter went everywhere. And I won't even talk about the vaccuum. I came apart not once, not twice, but 3 times on me.

And people wonder why I hate housework! I want a maid!!!

I'll tell you one thing, there is NO way I'm cooking dinner tonight...I may just burn the house down the way my day is going!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup, definitely move, immediately. Leave the dishes, the laundry - and the puddle.

Had days like that. I HATE it when the litter busts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, what a crap day, I hate days like that and trust me I have too many, you have to laugh now though that you have your beer, or you will cry
for a better day tomorrow. x

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beer is good for days like this
Beer and chocolate is even better.

Completely off topic though, I just looked out the window and saw one of the neighbor's buddies peeing in the neighbor's front yard...
It is 10 degrees out - hope it doesn't freeze off

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In our old apartment I made Cody carry a trashbag full of dirty litter as I was completely changing the whole box, keep in mind it takes about 20lbs to fill up his box.

Down the stairs he went and at the bottom I hear a string of the most awful curse words you can imagine...

I really couldn't help but laugh when I seen that the bottom of the bag caught on a nail that he didnt notice and there was lots of litter and little cat poops going all down the stairs.

But yeah, I think you should do takeout tonight.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart!!
I've had days like that too
I once was soo exhausted I ran a nice warm shower and stepped in....only to realize I still had all of my clothes on
I was annoyed at the time but it's kind of funny in hindsight

Curl up on your couch with a nice cup of tea and watch some tv, then go to bed early tonight