Evanger's?

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey all! I FINALLY got my IBD boy to have solid stool! Through trial and error spanning years and hours of research, he's doing spectacular on Instinct Rabbit limited ingredient. Dry.
After 4weeks and solid, decided to give him the same food but the wet version. 1iz twice a day for 3 days, and his poop became puddles again. Soon as I took him off it, he's fine.
So I asked chewy (I tired of researching) for something to help instead. Theygave me this:
It's got like 3 ingredients and while isn't balanced, at this point is just be happy as additional to get water in him and I need it to hide his thyroid pills. Good luck finding treats without fish or poultry. Found 1 & he won't eat them.
I've read horror stories from this company. But must seem to be causedby some "village" that decided to move in next to their freaking meat processing plant and then complain constantly. And the fda, but most of that seems unsubstantiated claims.
Anyones opinions would be most welcome.
Thanks!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered it from chewy and got evangers restricted diet.they sent me it again and still got restricted diet. So I'm afraid to order it anymore. Where did you get it from ?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all! I FINALLY got my IBD boy to have solid stool! Through trial and error spanning years and hours of research, he's doing spectacular on Instinct Rabbit limited ingredient. Dry.
After 4weeks and solid, decided to give him the same food but the wet version. 1iz twice a day for 3 days, and his poop became puddles again. Soon as I took him off it, he's fine.
So I asked chewy (I tired of researching) for something to help instead. Theygave me this:
It's got like 3 ingredients and while isn't balanced, at this point is just be happy as additional to get water in him and I need it to hide his thyroid pills. Good luck finding treats without fish or poultry. Found 1 & he won't eat them.
I've read horror stories from this company. But must seem to be causedby some "village" that decided to move in next to their freaking meat processing plant and then complain constantly. And the fda, but most of that seems unsubstantiated claims.
Anyones opinions would be most welcome.
Thanks!
I also read horror stories. Other popular companies included. That was years ago. Live and learn. Otherwise the food would not be aloud

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hadn't ordered it yet. Chewy was just giving me a comparable wet food idea. Now I wonder if I'd get that 😄

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe that's why. Out of one so evangers gave me something different. If so,not chewys fault. That was a year+ ago. Let me know if you do and what you get!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried single ingredient freeze dried meat treats? There are ones in novel proteins like venison and pork if you don't want to feed chicken or fish. I use this brand Raw Rewards Freeze Dried Treats for Dogs & Cats | Northwest Naturals

The Evangers rabbit is fine if you limit it to no more than 10% of the diet because it's not a complete diet. Have you tried Rawz rabbit? It's pretty bland-ish and junk free and good for IBD cats and it's a complete diet. Just expensive and sold only on a few web sites if there aren't any local non-chain pet store that sells it in your area. Where to Buy | RAWZ

Have you tried digestive enzymes? My IBD cat had soft poop for awhile for some reason. I started him on digestive enzymes and the poop firmed up to normal after a few days.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have tried tons of foods including Rx ones. This is my first different novel protein aside getting the different types of bird. Vetsaid try lamb or rabbit. Didn't see any lamb I liked.
I will keep it to the amount like you said. Mostly right now I need it to put his broken up pills in it. He is NOT a cat that can be forced a pill forced his throat.
As for enzymes, I had him on S. Boulardi for several months. All to no avail.:( Forts never was hated in my house.
My boy also hated raw food. And I can't afford those even if I wanted. Would the treats be any different?
I did go ahead and order the Evanger's Maggie. It should be here in a few days, so will let you know.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried Pill Pockets or something similar to get pills into your cat? Or have the pills compounded into a more easier form to give such as a flavored chew treat? There's no need to force pills down a cat's throat.

Rawz isn't raw food. It's a brand of dry and canned food that is pretty close to a cat's natural raw diet.

S. boulardii isn't a digestive enzymes. It's a yeast that supposedly helps with digestive health and with diarrhea. Digestive enzymes break down food and aids digestion.

tyleete

Queen of the Crazy
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks in the info. I think I've got him where I want him with food for his IBD. I'm afraid to move him to another food at the moment. And ouch. Looked at Rawz rabbit & it costs $90 a case and that won't even feed him for the month. I love him, but that's a lot. I've 10 rescues with at least half having major health problems from cancer to diabetes.
But the idea of a compound is a GREAT idea I hadn't thought of. The problem with pill pockets or treats (hiding), is the ingredients. They all have chicken! If not that, fish. Justgiggling him one tiny treat covered pill will set off the diarrhea.:( But I can call Wedgewood Pharmacy and see if they can compound it for me without poultry or fish products in it. I get chemo compounded from them. Then I wouldn't have to worry about hiding his pills. Definitely worth a shot.
In case I want to try enzymes, do you recommend any?
Thank you again!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My IBD cat can't eat chicken either. I use this bacon flavored pill dough to get his pred pills in: Pill Paste for Cats - Bacon Flavored It seems to be out of stock on Amazon. I have this as a back up when I run out of the Marshall one: PET MD Wrap-A-Pill Bacon Flavor Pill Paste Dog & Cat Supplement, 4.2-oz tub - Chewy.com

I'm currently using this digestive enzyme: https://inclover.com/optagest/ I have a subscription set up through Amazon.

Prozyme is another brand: PRN PHARMACAL Prozyme Powder Supplement for Dog & Cats, 454-g - Chewy.com

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My IBD cat can't eat chicken either. I use this bacon flavored pill dough to get his pred pills in: Pill Paste for Cats - Bacon Flavored It seems to be out of stock on Amazon. I have this as a back up when I run out of the Marshall one: PET MD Wrap-A-Pill Bacon Flavor Pill Paste Dog & Cat Supplement, 4.2-oz tub - Chewy.com

I'm currently using this digestive enzyme: Optagest | inClover Natural Pet Supplements I have a subscription set up through Amazon.

Prozyme is another brand: PRN PHARMACAL Prozyme Powder Supplement for Dog & Cats, 454-g - Chewy.com
Have you used prozyme?. I have been using outages for awhile. I thought it was helping til I saw her do a loose stool. But other times she's better. She has been eating tons. Maybe because of loose stools

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have not used ProZyme but heard it's supposed to be good. I don't think I would worry about an occasional loose poop. Sometimes cats are weird.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Even diaheria? Throwing up spit only? I think she is allergic to chicken but I guess it doesn't show 10 hrs later. And eats more than usual. I made an apt then canceled it because it was better

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well my cat just made some soft poop in the litter box and he's taking digestive enzymes. His food hasn't changed. I know the vet is just going to chalk it up to a random occurrence and just tell me to keep an eye on it. The only thing I can think of is that I started a new bottle of the same digestive enzymes this week. Bad bottle / batch?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
He suggested another steroid shot or endoscopy. I made an apt Aug 4. I am worried that she's eating a 6 oz can in the morning because of possible dehydration or nutrition she's been on octagest for a week