Ethical breeders

Whatsitallabour

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have not posted for three years, I just really want to try and understand something

why don’t some breeders whom are high up on councils, committees and such have better morals?
I can’t understand why a person would breed from a cat with hereditary problems & this is after said cat having an operation and not being declared to the cat registry and still being shown

I know of two different judges that have done this now. One of cats I witnessed with my own eyes with the problem before he’s operation and those offspring of stud cat has the same problems

Do people not feel bad? we all get things but shouldn’t we be handling it better?
Is it just about money? Or wanting to continue to win (to be fair one of the cats is a very nice example)

I just can’t understand why it’s like this… is this like this always?

is it normal? Im finding it hard to find many ethical breeders lucky I know of a few who feel strongly on ethical breeding

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately the breeding world, no matter the species, is a snapshot of the real world. You will find those motivated by greed, desire to be on top and not deterred by cheating, BUT there are those who follow the rules, care about the animals, and place breeding for the betterment of the breed first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whatsitallabour

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately the breeding world, no matter the species, is a snapshot of the real world. You will find those motivated by greed, desire to be on top and not deterred by cheating, BUT there are those who follow the rules, care about the animals, and place breeding for the betterment of the breed first.
It’s such a shame it can be like that, it makes me feel very sad for the poor cats and the owners of the kittens with the known hereditary problems

I’m lucky I have found some people with the same outlook as myself. Thank you for explaining the reasons I really couldn’t understand it

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s such a shame it can be like that, it makes me feel very sad for the poor cats and the owners of the kittens with the known hereditary problems

I’m lucky I have found some people with the same outlook as myself. Thank you for explaining the reasons I really couldn’t understand it
When I was breeding I knew both kinds. I found the ‘good, ethical’ breeders were the quiet type, not bragging or being pushy. I sincerely hope that people put me in the good category!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whatsitallabour

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also would hope the same and I’m sure they did for you.

Majority of people have no idea the things we come up against health wise, we will always get problems it’s just how one handles it I totally agree with you especially about the part of being pushy