Escape-proof harness?

Mumma Bear

Teddy Bear
Kitten
Purraise
I have two Bengal boys they are cousins both aged four with just four months between them.
I adore them both, They are Hilarious & Yes Noisy & Boisterous.
They have the run of the house, along with a 7’L x 2’W Tunnel leading outside into their Catio complete with hammocks, bridges, swing, running wheel, tree stumps & a snug hut.
But ….. I have tried various harnesses but one of my boys is like Houdini. He puts his head down between his outstretched front paws & pulls backwards to escape in seconds when in the garden with me.
Can anyone recommend a truly “Escape proof” harness please.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome!
Your kitties sound like they have an awesome catio!

We are currently working with our cat to teach him to wear a harness too but we're still early in the training process so I don't have any suggestions there.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
How long have they been indoor only? It seems like they love your house and are smart. Have you clicker trained them,not for the harness
And welcome to the site!
Show pics !!!

CalicoKittyDaisy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two Bengal boys they are cousins both aged four with just four months between them.
I adore them both, They are Hilarious & Yes Noisy & Boisterous.
They have the run of the house, along with a 7’L x 2’W Tunnel leading outside into their Catio complete with hammocks, bridges, swing, running wheel, tree stumps & a snug hut.
But ….. I have tried various harnesses but one of my boys is like Houdini. He puts his head down between his outstretched front paws & pulls backwards to escape in seconds when in the garden with me.
Can anyone recommend a truly “Escape proof” harness please.
I tried different types of harness. My cats are too clever and within 1 minute they removed it. I gave up on harness. Sorry I could not be of more help. By the way your set up is outstanding and should keep them happy and busy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mumma Bear

Teddy Bear
Kitten
Purraise
How long have they been indoor only? It seems like they love your house and are smart. Have you clicker trained them,not for the harness
And welcome to the site!
Show pics !!!
Hi 👋 They have been indoor cats since kittens, just over four years. They are not clicker trained just talking to them. Thank you 😊

Mumma Bear

Teddy Bear
Kitten
Purraise
I tried different types of harness. My cats are too clever and within 1 minute they removed it. I gave up on harness. Sorry I could not be of more help. By the way your set up is outstanding and should keep them happy and busy.
I found The Perfect Harness 🥳🥳🥳
A lady started to make them because she also has Two Bengal cats & escaped everyone she previously tried ! Yahoooo 🥳🥳🥳

Attachments

Mumma Bear

Teddy Bear
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome!

We are currently working with our cat to teach him to wear a harness too but we're still early in the training process so I don't have any suggestions there.
Hi 👋
I have found the Perfect Harness

Attachments

Mumma Bear

Teddy Bear
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome!