Emergency

Ziranxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat un spayed (was stray) lucy, is pregnant by a male cat that roam outside the house however we somehow mange to give that male cat to a pet shelter but he impregnated my feline cat, and today i saw a yellow discharge, I'm so worried if its pyometria or what, because there are literally no vet out here. I'm so freaking worried pls helo me

Help me* i can click a picture too , and i don't even know how many days she is preganant , and notes: the stray male cat roamed around my house because i always used to give him catfood twice a day but unfortunately i canr keep him with me as my cat and me living separately because my brother is allergic to cat hairs.

she is getting healthy cooked meat and fine water, and i keep her litter always clean first she was doing her litter in washroom but due to fear of pneumonia i shifted her to litter tray

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yellow discharge is not good. Take her to the vet any way you can. Perhaps one of the staff will step in on this one. There are resources to take care of this (unfortunately, I don't know of one, but they do exist).

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could you post a picture? Yellow or green discharge usually indicates a vaginal infection that requires antibiotics to clear up.

However, if your cat is near the end of her pregnancy the mucus plug that is expelled up to a week before delivery can be yellow.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My cat un spayed (was stray) lucy, is pregnant by a male cat that roam outside the house however we somehow mange to give that male cat to a pet shelter but he impregnated my feline cat, and today i saw a yellow discharge, I'm so worried if its pyometria or what, because there are literally no vet out here. I'm so freaking worried pls helo me

Help me* i can click a picture too , and i don't even know how many days she is preganant , and notes: the stray male cat roamed around my house because i always used to give him catfood twice a day but unfortunately i canr keep him with me as my cat and me living separately because my brother is allergic to cat hairs.

she is getting healthy cooked meat and fine water, and i keep her litter always clean first she was doing her litter in washroom but due to fear of pneumonia i shifted her to litter tray
I agree with SArthur. Good catch! With any luck it is the mucus plug - completely normal.

but if not, its serious even alarming - may be an internal infection.

Do you feel the kittens move? Since how long?

Has she dropped? Ie suddenly seems less pregnant?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps. What is her temperature? If you dont have an instant termometer; you can use the usual termometer in the armpit of the foreleg.

1. Normal cat temp is about 103 Fahrenheit or 38,5 in Celsius if measured in the anus.
2. Measured in the armpit it will be somewhat lower;
100F or 37,5 Celsius.

3. Shortly before delivery its usually lower.

IF the temp is noticeably higher than these thumb numbers in 1, its alarming; and vet help necessary.