Email Problem

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You'd think that, by now, I'd know how to do this, but I don't, and I really hate the thought of calling my ISP yet again....I think this will be the third time in a year!

My email (Outlook 2013) has died. Again. 
I am disgusted. I think I can send email out, but I'm not receiving them. The only way to access my email now is to get it online. I can call my ISP, but 1) I feel like a blooming idiot, because I should know how to fix this by now!, and 2) When I call them, they are wonderful with helping me, BUT the only thing they can ever suggest is to kill my current email info, start over with a new account (with everything the same as my old account). It takes a while to get it all done and then it takes about 2-3 hours for the whole thing to completely rebuild and bring in all my emails. I am so tired of this. I have a GMail account and I guess maybe I should just switch over to GMail completely.

I don't know why this happens....I'm not doing anything stupid; I swear. Everything will be running along fine and when I open Outlook, emails come in, emails go out and life is good. Then one day, poof. Emails aren't coming in. I know I have some because I can see on the ISP web mail that they're there. But I can't bring them in. Why? Is it my ISP or is it Outlook? Does anybody know? 
 I have Googled until I'm blue in the face, tried all the suggestions, and nothing works.....other than killing the account and starting over.

Does anybody know a way to fix this problem without me having to spend hours on the computer? If that's really what I have to do, I'll do it. But man, I am so darn frustrated I could spit. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Never mind. I started messing around and emails started coming in. Is the problem fixed? Somehow I doubt it. But we'll see.

Would be nice to know what I did, for crying out loud.

Last edited: