Ella, Party of Five

Ella Spell

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi I'm Ella and I've been reading advice here for a while but never thought to join!

I have five cats and a dog so I'm very interested in learning as much as I can about my kitties and their changing needs! I don't know if I'm attaching pictures properly but I'll do my best!

Mokes

My oldest cat Mokey or Mokes was born in October 2003 so he is officially 20! He's a very long-haired tabby and he's teeny tiny at only about six pounds. When I adopted him he was only about five weeks old. He's always had frail bones and just had a bad injury to his front leg which is considered a sprain so he's been on painkillers. His eye has always hd the brown spots in it, and he never learned to groom himself so he's always very natty but especially in winter. He's a very loud howler to the point we need earplugs sometimes. We consider him our little old man and baby him with lots of love. I don't know if he's considered a Torbie, which would be rare for a male. The end of his tail is a pure white puff like a cotton ball.

mokes leg.jpeg M towel .jpeg

Ouiji

Cat 2 is Ouiji. She's 3.5 years old and black except for a white pelvic triangle. She's very sweet and dainty now despite starting out really hyper. She likes to sleep on my pillow and knead my hair.

Ouiji Vet.png
Ouiji Kijiji.jpeg

Willow

When Ouiji was a year old we got her a kitten. Cat 3 is Willow who is now 2.5 and a big Tortie. They get along OK but never quite bonded the way we'd hoped. Willow spends a lot of time in hiding spots like on top of the dryer or on a dresser in my closet, but she's not ill. She just likes to have her own space. She's the least easy to hold or cuddle but she'll purr up a storm when you pet her.

Willow the Wisp .png
Willow.png

Macbeth

Last June in 2023 I decided I wanted one more female and I saw an orange tabby kitten who was advertised as being a girl so I brought her home, but lo and behold she was a boy. Lol. Little did I know! Thus, Cat 4 went from being "Lady Macbeth" who was to be called Beth, to simply being "Macbeth" overnight, and we call him Mickey. He's crazy! He gets into everything. He's an Olympic gymnast it seems, and he's sooo much fun. Such a funny and sweet little boy.

355880852_811158223554667_4175446205348106159_n.jpg
. mcb.jpeg . Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 12.07.06 PM.png

Macbeth.jpeg

Hester

We loved Mickey but still wanted another girl, so three days later we adopted Hester / Hex from another family. She was three weeks younger than Macbeth. She's a very long-haired Tortie or Calico - I'm not sure how to classify her because she has white but is mostly black and orange. She's so fluffy we sometimes wonder if she has some Maine Coon, Ragdoll or Norwegian in her. As a baby she had really long ear tufts but they aren't as noticeable now. Her mother was a short-hair orange tabby and she was the runt of a litter of eight. All seven others were orange tabbies like Macbeth and their mother. She was born last as the only girl, the only non-orange, and the only long-hair, plus she was half their size. I wish we knew who the father was! Can cats have a litter from two fathers at the same time?

Hester is very aggressive for food and will eat anything so we have to keep unwashed plates in the oven or fridge lol. She pushes everyone else from their food and she's double the size of Macbeth despite being slightly younger. I think she's even bigger than Willow the Tortie now. I'll have to get a better picture to show how big she is now.

354912895_3639459686288800_1825161078872115014_n.jpg
. Hex.jpeg 9d9bf71a-875d-4206-952e-475ecbb5b604.jpeg

My ongoing question about Hester will be the fact she poops beside the litter box. I think it's behavioural and she just doesn't want to get messy. She does use the box sometimes but about 50% of the time she'll go beside it even if it's clean. When we first got her she used to pee in the bathtub but that seems to have stopped after a round of antibiotics. She's also lost a lot of whiskers on one side and they're growing in really thin and faint, compared to the other side.

Anyway sorry for the long ramble but that's my crew!

I hope the pictures worked!

Attachments

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Can’t wait to see Mokey’s puff tail! (WOW 20! Congrats on that!). Wondering if the whisker loss could be related to whisker sensitivity…sometimes if the whiskers touch the side of the food bowl they drop off, but I don’t think it’s that. Anyway, eager to hear more about them, what a charming crew!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: You have a beautiful feline family. :redheartpump::catlove:

About Hester's litter box issue, it probably would be best to post a new thread specifically about that in the Cat Behavior forum, as the members who follow / post in that forum, may not see your post here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ella Spell

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I will certainly do that!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
character-cartoon-cat-say-hello-with-flower-background_77984-110.jpg
Ella, Mokes, Ouiji, Willow, Macbeth and Hester and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
JN001__02379.1471462848.1280.1280.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Lovely kitties you've got here! :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ella Spell

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much!

Here's the white puff on the end of Mokey's tail. It's a lot puffier when he walks but at 20 and with a sprained leg, he doesn't walk around much.

22c118f6-3af4-475c-b3f5-1375f6a68487.jpeg

6a3b69fb-07e5-4b19-bdbf-573f0b3bb916.jpeg

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :wave3:
Your kitties are absolutely gorgeous and I love their names too :heartshape:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your lovely clowder! We're so happy to have you all. HOWEVER, you forgot to introduce your honorary cat (the dog)! S/he counts too!