Elizabethan collar cutting ear?

OneBlackBean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Recently my boys had to go in for some surgery and has been given a collar to wear. He’s worn one before and he’s doing well with it, but this one seems to be cutting his left ear up? I’m trying to keep it clean and I mentioned it at a follow up appointment with the vet but she didn’t offer much insight. Is there something else any of you have tried? (Or a sort of wound cream you’d recommend?) Those soft ones don’t look very reliable and he’s a fiend for licking at it unfortunately. Thanks!

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't see how the cone is cutting the ear? It seems to be on properly and not touching the ear. You could wrap the edge of the cone with first aid tape if that's what's causing the ear to bleed. Maybe tape gauze to the inside of the cone, too, around where the ear might touch it. What part of the ear is bleeding? Just the outside flap part? Inside the ear?

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Yep - maybe more details about what exactly is going on? It wouldn't be 'wonderful' but maybe a soft cone inside the hard cone would stop the rubbing - if that is what is going on?