Echo alexa tasks

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
When I remember to do a task I forget after I pick up a pen if I remember to get a pen. I am hoping Alexa echo can help but I don't know which one to buy for reminders and tasks. Any ideas?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I've never used any of those Alexa type gadgets. Good luck picking one out!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not think their is a specific Alexa for that purpose. It is written into their programming. All you have to do is ask Alexa to remind you to do something. It can be automatically added to a 'list'.. I have had an Alexa for about 5 years.

Good luck.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Alexa echo - any of them - are great at helping with task reminders. I have mine set to remind me to take my medications, feed the cats and similar tasks. All you do is say “Alexa, remind me at (time) to ——————. If you want the reminder every day you just add that to the sentence. she can also create and read back shopping or task lists, act as a timer and an alarm clock, do math for you and look up facts.

Through the online app on your phone, tablet or computer you can also view or print out your task list.

I have installed these for my mother and my aunt as well because they are so simple to use and help with basics like knowing time of day or day of week. My mother could also tell Alexa what groceries she needed, and I see it online and do her shopping.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One more thing you can do with any Alexa is play music through their built in speaker. Generally this makes a difference in the cost of the Alexa - the higher the price, the better the speaker. But I have the cheapest version and the sound is just fine for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
A new echo dot generation 5 is coming out soon. I think I will get this once reviews are out. Its unclear if I need an eero network to use it

Last edited:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
You do need home Wi-Fi, but I doubt there will be much difference between earlier devices and the Gen 5. I think my main Echo is a Gen 2.
It said something about routines so it might be more useful to me.problem is I don't remember what people tell me or what I read especially if it's detailed

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Back again
I think this is what I need because instead of just speaking which I would forget after I'm told something it shows you

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, but it needs to be written. I have cognitive disabilities. So just speaking will not work. I am excited! Buying it today