Eating Litter

Sanabella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 7 month old is eating litter.
We adopted her at 3 months and she was immediately attached to me. We are a family of 5: Mom, Dad, my 22 year old son, 17 year old son and 14 year old daughter. We also have a 1 year old kitten. Two months of her being home, I became occupied packing for a major move. I have since moved out (we are in transition) while my family remains with the kittens. We have observed her go from being a happy-go-lucky kitten who eats well to one who's more withdrawn, reduced eating and is overall not as playful. Then the litter eating began. I am seriously worried about her. Most recently, she has developed a hind limb paralysis. We have had her looked at by our vet. All tests and X-rays are normal. Poor baby is immobile. I am still away while she is in the care of the rest of the family....who absolutely love her. Can anyone shed some light into this?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
I would suggest talking with a different vet, or asking your current one to consider consulting with a university medical veterinarian department.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. What are all the tests that they ran? What about vaccinations? Sometimes nutritional deficiencies (not necessarily related to her food, but to her digestive system) can identify chemical/enzyme balances that standard blood tests will not test for. I am also thinking you might want to consider consulting with a specialty group and/or vet university that might be able to detect things that the standard vets just cannot do since they aren't exposed to as much overall.

Sorry, a bit of a repeat from above. We were posting at the same time!