Easter Surprise.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I woke up this morning and when I went to grab a can of cat food, I noticed as I walked by the patio doors, a large red container sitting on my back step. I called my Mom, because she's the only person I can think of that would leave a box of treats in my yard. And it turns out, My mom snuck over in the wee hours of the morning and made my husband and I an Easter egg hunt in the back yard. The box of treats was just to get my attention, inside were some rice crisp treats my nieces made. The hunt consisted of 6 (filled with candy) plastic eggs, and each of us got a small chocolate bunny.
The funny part of all this is while I was on the phone with my Mom, as she was telling me about our surprise hunt, a raccoon came wandering into the back yard! My Mom started laughing and told me to get out there before the raccoon stole all our goodies. So our conversation was cut short, I grabbed a broom (just in case), and went on the hunt. The raccoon was just passing thru, so by the time I got out there he was already sneaking out of the yard by the back hedges, he didn't want my goodies.
This raccoon has been coming by almost every night for the past week and a half, my husband has called him Randy. This must be his first year on his own as he's just a little guy, but he looks pretty good. I think he's healthy, although it is weird that he was out and about this morning, usually raccoons come out at night around here.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet Randy knows it's Easter and wanted your chocolate bunny!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
My Easter surprise was that I looked out on my cam and saw CG (Collar Guy or Collar Girl) getting along with Treasure and Sopdet. It may of course change at any moment but for that brief moment, no fighting, no chasing nothing like the past year. Cooper just showed up. No fighting between Treasure and Cooper and Treasure did not cower in fear when Cooper came. All 3 ate and there was a brief stare down between Cooper and Treasure and then Cooper left.

Last edited: