Early labour

Dellbird

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my cat is just over 7 weeks pregnant. I took her to the vets this morning as she was spotting small amounts of pinky/ red blood from her vulva.
Vet did a scan a detected kittens moving and one heart beat (my cat is not a willing patient) and said prepare for her to go into labour.

she doesn’t seem to be showing any signs of going into labour. Still eating.

has anyone else has this and their cat still gone full term?

any advice appreciated

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi my cat is just over 7 weeks pregnant. I took her to the vets this morning as she was spotting small amounts of pinky/ red blood from her vulva.
Vet did a scan a detected kittens moving and one heart beat (my cat is not a willing patient) and said prepare for her to go into labour.

she doesn’t seem to be showing any signs of going into labour. Still eating.

has anyone else has this and their cat still gone full term?

any advice appreciated
Lets hope she can continue to be preg.
Although vet apparently thinks she may deliver early.

Kittens manage being preemie very badly, unlike humans... ThIS early they wont make it, although occasionally kittens born a week early had survived.

Try to prepare for caretaking of preemies (if they are alive without visible faults and survive the hours after delivery)

An IR lamp is often useful. You will probably need to handfeed. If you have someone whom show you how to tube feed into stomach - do prepare - its the easiest if you know how to do it and have gears. If not - try with syringe / dropper and mini-miracle nipples..
Raw goats milk or a good kmr.
Probably some humidifyer - early born kittens have often weak lungs.

Pray. if prayers really helps may be discussed, but they will give YOU strengh and endurance...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dellbird

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I am praying she holds on for another week atleast.
She still ain’t showing any signs of labour 🙏🏼

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with StefanZ StefanZ . Also, it would be ideal if your cat holds on for at least 2 more weeks. It’s too early now.