Ear Ointment Name?

MorrisonsOwner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Morrison recently had surgery on his ear to remedy an aural hematoma. The vet had prescribed ear drops to help with some of the inflammation in his ear that may have led to the burst blood vessel. He would immediately shake the drops out, so the vet applied an ointment that is like vaseline in his ears that stays for two weeks or so. I don't know the name of the ointment and all my vet receipt says is "GNT application." Does anyone know what medicine that might be?

Morrison has a cone on, but the vet said I can take it off if he leaves the sutures alone. When I take off the cone, he doesn't scratch at his ear, but he is trying to clean his ear. I was wondering if the ointment will be effective if he does his grooming?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you call the vet clinic? They should be able to look it up while you're on the phone :)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I wonder if it is gentamicin which is a very common ear medication for cats that comes in several forms including an ointment. But, yes, call the vet and ask if that is what is being prescribed and ask about the grooming.