Ear mites

Luna'sMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Luna has ear mites. I bought her some Hartz ear mite treatment but I'm reading a lot of reviews that say not to use this medication. The active ingredients are Pyrethrins 0.05% and Piperonyl Butoxide 0.50%. Any suggestions about this or what to use

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You just have to be SO careful. I used that a few years ago on some of my outside cats, got too many drops in and it caused a horrible burn and infection. If my cats got those now I would order a topical flea treatment that also kills ear mites. There are only a few and they are expensive, but you only use them once or twice and to me, that is worth it. They are Revolution Plus and Advantage Multi. Notice the multi-words, they must include multi and plus to work. Make sure whatever you get says specifically it treats ear mites too. You might need a vet's prescription to get these online, but maybe not. If you do, just call your vet to say you are ordering online and the pet med site will call for an order.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Luna'sMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You just have to be SO careful. I used that a few years ago on some of my outside cats, got too many drops in and it caused a horrible burn and infection. If my cats got those now I would order a topical flea treatment that also kills ear mites. There are only a few and they are expensive, but you only use them once or twice and to me, that is worth it. They are Revolution Plus and Advantage Multi. Notice the multi-words, they must include multi and plus to work. Make sure whatever you get says specifically it treats ear mites too. You might need a vet's prescription to get these online, but maybe not. If you do, just call your vet to say you are ordering online and the pet med site will call for an order.
Thank you so much for the advice.