Ear mites? Revolution Plus.

JulieHarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone had any issues with Revolution Plus not working for ear mites?

A few days ago noticed dirty ears in my cat after wiping with tissue. Thought he had just rolled in dirt. He is not scratching at ears. However, everyday is the same, black looking, like if he has ear mites. He gets treated monthly with Revolution Plus which is supposed to prevent ear mites in addition to flea control. Because he is a outdoor/indoor cat, I never miss his topical treatment. I'm going to make an appointment to have him checked by his vet this coming week.

I wiped his ears yesterday morning. The attached picture is from this morning.

IMG_20220508_110507844.jpg

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I haven't heard from anyone on this site that has said Revolution Plus didn't work to prevent ear mites, but I am sure you will soon hear from them if they have had issues.

However, ear mites usually cause a lot of itchiness - has your cat been scratching his ears more lately? If not, you could actually be dealing with dirty ears - either from his outside trips or from excess ear wax build up.

At least going to the vet will help identify the actual problem!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JulieHarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not scratching at ears.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JulieHarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: Just arrived home from the vet and good news, Revolution is doing it's job, no ear mites! My cat is just being a cat and getting dirty. 😸

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is good news kind of - no mites, but a cat who manages to get his ears dirty all the time. Guess you will be doing a lot of ear cleaning! Thanks for the update!