DWTS and Bristol Palin...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So what do you think of Bristol still being on DWTS. It has been mentioned more than once in the media that there seems to be some type of conspiracy on getting her to win the mirror ball.

She is and always has been one of the worst dancers this season and should have been voted off the first or second week, she is terrible. It seems members of the Tea Party wrote on their Facebook page to not forget to vote for Bristol and the people are doing it. That is why she is still in the show even though she should not be.

This week is the part of the finale and she should definitely be voted off, the others are way and above better than she is or will ever be.

I just hope to God above, this doesn't happen if her mother should actually run for President although she will never win. I really blame John McCain for bringing Sarah out of her cubbyhole and putting her in the limelight.

Sorry I am rattling on but the name of Palin gives me the creeps.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If anyone has read anything I've said on IMO they know I am SO not a fan of Sarah Palin or her family ....
But I enjoy watching Bristol on DWTS. I think she is fun, the fact that she is so out of her comfort zone- she is not an actress or singer or someone who has gone to professional dancing school (like for example Jennifer Gray) - and this is the kind of people that are the most fun to watch.
She's also really pretty in her own way and looks very natural. Every week I've been dreading her getting voted off and I've been so happy that she hasn't been. And, she gets pretty good scores from the judges too! I think she is just not a natural performer so her dancing looks kind of strange but she does most of the steps right. I can't imagine how hard she must be working to get to where she is!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

If anyone has read anything I've said on IMO they know I am SO not a fan of Sarah Palin or her family ....
But I enjoy watching Bristol on DWTS. I think she is fun, the fact that she is so out of her comfort zone- she is not an actress or singer or someone who has gone to professional dancing school (like for example Jennifer Gray) - and this is the kind of people that are the most fun to watch.
She's also really pretty in her own way and looks very natural. Every week I've been dreading her getting voted off and I've been so happy that she hasn't been. And, she gets pretty good scores from the judges too! I think she is just not a natural performer so her dancing looks kind of strange but she does most of the steps right. I can't imagine how hard she must be working to get to where she is!
Sorry I have to agree to disagree, she is a terrible dancer and looks very sloppy on the dance floor, just my opinion. By the way I can't stand Jennifer Grey either, she is way too full of herself. I like Brandy and Kyle, hoping one of them will win. I'd actually like to see Max win since he has never won in the 10 seasons he has been there as a pro and in Brandy he has a good chance to win it all this season.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IMHO, the show should only have contestants like Bristol (except she doesn't really qualify as a "star"), who are not professionals and have no formal training. I adore Nicole from the PCDs, but didn't think it was quite fair putting her up against the others, when she's such a disciplined and talented dancer.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

IMHO, the show should only have contestants like Bristol (except she doesn't really qualify as a "star"), who are not professionals and have no formal training. I adore Nicole from the PCDs, but didn't think it was quite fair putting her up against the others, when she's such a disciplined and talented dancer.
If they had only contestants like Bristol no one would watch. Let's face it, at least as far as I and many others are concerned, we watch because we want to see celebrities. There are many who have no dancing experience like the sports celebs and most others. It should be the best dancer wins...period. The Hoff went off the first week and that should have been Bristol in my opinion. We all have our opinions tho.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

If they had only contestants like Bristol no one would watch. Let's face it, at least as far as I and many others are concerned, we watch because we want to see celebrities. There are many who have no dancing experience like the sports celebs and most others. It should be the best dancer wins...period. The Hoff went off the first week and that should have been Bristol in my opinion. We all have our opinions tho.
What I mean is they should only have real celebrities (doesn't matter if they're basketball players, actors, etc.) that have not had formal dance training. I don't consider Bristol a celebrity at all. But I think the celebrities they choose should be like her in the aspect of having no dance experience. No professional dancers. Sorry, I didn't make it very clear what I was trying to say.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a Bristol fan, but I'm so proud of her for stepping out of her comfort zone and giving it a go. I think so many viewers can sympathize with her situation. I'm sure I'd be WORSE than her if I was on there!
While she's clearly NOT the best dancer, her attitude is better than both Jennifer who whines all the time and Brandy who is such a diva.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't watch reality shows, and certainly not this one. But I think the first poster made the real confession: "the name Palin gives me creeps."

In other words, no matter how well Bristol did, this person would not appreciate her efforts.

And how about Michael Palin? Would he automatically be bad, too, because of his name?

There is a word for that attitude.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont watch DWTS but I always check weekly to see who gets eliminated. I wanted Audrina to win just cuz I used to watch the Hills. I dont care one way or the other if Bristol stays or goes but unfortunately because of her moms politcal situation its possible that she is unfairly still in the competition. But what can you do in that kind of situation.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I don't watch reality shows, and certainly not this one. But I think the first poster made the real confession: "the name Palin gives me creeps."

In other words, no matter how well Bristol did, this person would not appreciate her efforts.

And how about Michael Palin? Would he automatically be bad, too, because of his name?

There is a word for that attitude.
I was very honest in my opinion, if Bristol was a decent dancer, I would say so but she's not.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The radio station I listen to in the morning talks about her all the time, and they think the only reason she is still on is so the show gets ratings....same as why they think Kate Gosselin lasted so long. They think it's rigged. I think they are partially right, b/c even though I don't watch the show...the only person I know of on this season is Bristol...and last season Kate. I kind of have to agree with them.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
While I don't think she's the best dancer and she should have been eliminated by now because her performance is not up to par, she does do the steps very well, like Len has said, she's good technically, but there's no way she should be in the semi-finals and outlasted Rick Fox and Kurt Warner, I was very disappointed when Kurt went home... Audrina too for that matter, she was excellent and given another week I think she could have come out of her shell completely. I think why she got eliminated was because of her partner, for some reason I don't think Tony is that popular...and yes, I think people vote based on the dancers in addition to the "stars".

I really wish Julianne would come back

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

While I don't think she's the best dancer and she should have been eliminated by now because her performance is not up to par, she does do the steps very well, like Len has said, she's good technically, but there's no way she should be in the semi-finals and outlasted Rick Fox and Kurt Warner, I was very disappointed when Kurt went home... Audrina too for that matter, she was excellent and given another week I think she could have come out of her shell completely. I think why she got eliminated was because of her partner, for some reason I don't think Tony is that popular...and yes, I think people vote based on the dancers in addition to the "stars".

I really wish Julianne would come back
It was when Audrina went home that I realized something was not right. It should have been Bristol, the judges were shocked that she was voted off and so was I. Bristol should not be in the finals, too many were voted off when all along it should have been her. As I said before, she should have been gone the first or second week...and I don't like all this conspiracy I'm hearing. This season just doesn't seem to be fair at all, something is very wrong. She definitely should be gone next Tuesday night. By the way, I love Tony Dovaloni.