Dry Skin Around Top of Kitten Claw?

dfl00001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi and Good Morning!

I recently adopted a new pair of kittens (about 14 weeks old now) and I have noticed that one of the kittens has a patch of dry skin where I would expect to see fur around one of her claws. It is almost like a dry "hood" around the claw area. I haven't seen any limping or signs of pain/injury. Please see pictures attached.

Any informal diagnoses/considerations around urgency of getting this check? Thoughts/

Thank you very much!

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! If the cats are from a rescue or shelter, you might call them or send the pics over to see if they have any comments about the history of the kittens. I do see what you mean...it looks almost like dead tissue although that could be my perception from the photo. I can see the hood you describe but it also looks like an indentation of some kind where the nail is exposed. Given their age, I would try to have a vet look at it. Hopefully others will have an opinion about this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dfl00001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I appreciate the insight. If anyone else has insight too, would be much appreciated!

Best,
Dane