Dry food similar in ingredients to Dr Elsey Chicken Kibble

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I noticed my boy not into the recent bag of his Dr Elsey Chicken Kibble (bought Oct 8th). I noticed the color and texture were different than before, lighter, more crumbly and there were a lot more broken bits. He would leave a lot more in the bowl and has started having stool issues.

I checked the reviews on Amazon and Chewy and there are numerous reviews within the last month that also experience the same issues I have. I emailed Dr Elsey but would love any recommendations for alternatives. I need a kibble that's as low carb as possible, without peas, potatoes, etc all that stuff. It has to be dry food as he is a senior cat and we tried over a year to get him into wet slowly and he just does not know how to eat any texture of wet at all. He almost died because he was refusing to eat the wet so we eventually decided to feed him Dr. elsey due to the ingredients.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I've fed Tiki Cat, but it does have some peas. Peas are farther down on the ingredient list, about 8th or 9th, than a lot of other foods though. If you can't find another with no peas, my cats do well on it.

GeoDjay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Try Young Again Zero. It has no peas or potatoes and extremely low in carbs.