Drooling after worming treatment

Lorrapaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wormed my 11 month old kitten her worming spot on last night and she is drooling a lot tonight. We read that that is one of the side effects of the worming spot on. Last time was the first time we used this type of wormer as she usually gets the tablet from vet. But she would not eat food i had put it in so vet gave me spot on. Funny thing though when she got it last time she had diarrhoea and she had to go to vets and was put on antibiotics as she was quite ill. It just seems too much of a coincidence. We did not link the two things last time. If it is side effect of the wormer how long will it last.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lorrapaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Why would that make a difference?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The wormer has a bitter taste that can cause drooling, it happens with some oral meds too. Is she eating and drinking as usual.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
It could. As I am understanding you, she already had a reaction to this product which would be a cause for alarm to me. Drooling in and of itself can be just a reaction to a bitter taste, but I would watch her for anything that does not seem right and call the vet, especially this might be the second time that this did not agree with her. What did you use?

Lorrapaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can’t remember make off it but thought i might phone vet for advice

Lorrapaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not yet but think it might not seem as bad. I phoned vets and he said should pass within 24 hours and to keep an eye on her but I'm still worried.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is she drinking and eating ok? Hopefully she will be back to normal by this evening. Keep us updated.