Drinking Water

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Does anyone else have a cat that drinks the same way as Benjamin? He does this when drinking from a water bowl as well.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat Leo which is now passed away since january this year, used to drink from the tap the same way. He had a water bowl that he would drink from but if the tap was turned on he would head straight for the tap, he prefered the tap water for some reason even the water just came from the same tap into his water bowl. There would be times when he would sit next to the water tap and wait for me to turn it on for him. God i miss those days :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Leomc123 Leomc123 - Sorry to hear about Leo's passing. Benjamin loves water from the tap even over the filtered water fou rain I got them. My beloved Maia who sadly passed away in December last year used to ask for the tap to be turned on. Did he used to drink like Ben does where he laps at the water then spends a good few seconds lapping the air? I've never had a cat do this before and wondered if it was unusual.
IMG_20181031_095023726.jpg
This is Maia and Benjamin both trying to get water from the same tap :)

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorr for your loss Marts. Maybe when they are lapping the air they are tasting the water ?

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lexi and Bonnie love to drink from the kitchen faucet. Their techniques are very different. Bonnie does the head tilted at 90° method. Lexi just gets her nose as close to the water as possible and catches it with her tongue.

We do have a Catit water fountain that they both use, but when they hear someone turn on the kitchen sink, they come running.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Leomc123 Leomc123 - Thank you, I'm not sure what he's doing it's almost like he's getting too much water.

VinceL VinceL - I have a catit water fountain and he does the same thing licking the air it's like he never learnt how to drink properly.