Dried Potpourri

AbbyP16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please help if able! I just adopted two kittens, 4 and 5 months old. I kitty-proofed the house but somehow missed throwing out a container of dried potpourri that’s probably 10+ years old (it is in the trash now). While I was in the shower, one of my kittens knocked over the container and it spilled all over the floor. I am not sure if they ingested any or not. It has probably been about an hour since I got in the shower and right now both of the cats are sleeping. Any advice on what to do in this situation?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS.
I doubt that kitties have eaten some of the dried flowers. Those dried flowers are generally artificially scented and I believe that even if you don't smell them anymore because they're old, a cat is able to smell that scent that might put them off and discourage them from eating.
My advice is to wait and see. If they keep playing and eating in the next few hours, then nothing happened.
You might also want to check their poop and see if you find any part of those flowers, but I'm sure you won't.