Drax The Kitten

Ruby3440

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We got this guy Drax 3 weeks ago from this previous Saturday.
Although he was formerly known as Eevee because we were told he was a girl and then we found out he was a boy.

He came into the shelter (a no kill one) and was at first given to a staff member to take care of at first. He also had 1 other sibling, but they sadly passed away before my family got them. Then because the staff member couldn't keep him my family was asked to take him. So we did. However he was much smaller then and has grown a ton since!

It's not the best view to show the size difference, but it is the same cage for both pictures if that helps. We moved him into a smaller one shortly after we got him just because the one he came in was way too big.

We are pretty sure he was about 3-5 days old when we got him because he lost the umbilical cord the day we got him. So he will be about 4 weeks Tuesday-Thursday sometime.

What we found is that normally bottle baby's take about a week of getting used to using a bottle and might have to be syringe fed a little, but he was a fast and quick eater and was already used to the bottle by the time we got him so feeding was a breeze. Especially after the 5 kittens we took in about 4-5 weeks old then him.

Right now at 3 weeks he weighs about 1 lb. He is a little fat, but to be honest not as much anymore since he has grown into it. Especially over the last several of days.

He looks so fat in this one, but that's partially because he is curled up.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask! I plan to post some updates to this as he grows! Luckily everything is going really well with him.

So far I have no questions myself. Other then is it normally for black cats to have a marble like pattern? As he gets bigger I feel like it because more vivid that you can see it. Right now it's very faint though, but when he was smaller he definitely didn't look like he has any patterning.

Also sorry if there are any typing mistakes! I am using my phone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ruby3440

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks!
I assume that is what is going to happen! I looked some stuff up and it brought me to what is called a black smoke cat. I don't know about it though. All I know from what I looked up is that they are gorgeous cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ruby3440

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually probably not a black smoke. As I read more into it I think he is probably just a black kitten with very light tiger making right now. The black smoke makes it sound like the base of the fur is a lighter color all around, but the rest of the fur is black. (So a strand of fur would start out white and then turn black.