Dr. Elseys Clean Protein Kibble.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here feed this ? I think it's a fairly new product as Chewy.com only has 58 reviews. It's quite costly as far as dry food goes but Chewy is having 37% off sale . Our cats really like it and they are so picky. For wet food they will eat FF Classic.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I recently switched mine to it. They like it a lot. They are VERY picky eaters. They prefer it to the Petcurean GO! Fit & Free that we switched from. They like it as a snack or topper to wet food

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dr. Elseys, chicken, is my only dry food. I have 4 cats, they all like it, which by the way is unheard of...lol. Its very high protein and very low carb, less than 5%. I free feed, and after the first week or two when it was new, no one over eats with this food, but they all still enjoy it. In my opinion it is if not the best, then one of the top dry foods available right now. It has not been out long, i switched to it about a year or so ago. Yes i am a fan :)

I did stock up a bit on their sale. They have this sale occasionally, seems like a few times a year, and i stock up a few bags :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the replies. Our cats are liking very much o I ordered a few more bags.:hyper:

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I order two bags every time it's on sale.
I split feed the girls wet/kibble so each large bag lasts me two months. The girls are both 9 1/2 lbs and eat together.
I approached the company when it launched to sample it before it was available on Chewy.com
Dr. Elsey’s Cleanprotein Cat Food line
I also requested samples before ordering. Our cats are quite picky.:lol:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also requested samples before ordering. Our cats are quite picky.:lol:
I wasn't worried about my girls being entirely picky over dry food, but they were boasting this amazing new product and I told them if they sent me a bag I would write about it and start getting the word out. I loved that after being switched from their old brand to this brand, that even with a higher kcal per cup, the girls' weights didn't change. They do HONESTLY eat less, so the premium price balances out. I had to know.

Now wet foods... that's when the ladies get picky so they are usually my testers for cat foods we get to pick out just about every month. I let people know how the fussy girls did.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wasn't worried about my girls being entirely picky over dry food, but they were boasting this amazing new product and I told them if they sent me a bag I would write about it and start getting the word out. I loved that after being switched from their old brand to this brand, that even with a higher kcal per cup, the girls' weights didn't change. They do HONESTLY eat less, so the premium price balances out. I had to know.

Now wet foods... that's when the ladies get picky so they are usually my testers for cat foods we get to pick out just about every month. I let people know how the fussy girls did.
That's great. Our cats have only been eating it for almost a week but so far so good. As for wet food it's Fancy Feast Classic or nothing. I guess they don't call it "kitty crack" for nothing.:hyper:

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have heard a lot of good things about it but our home is poultry free so I can't try it. :disappointed:
We're fortunate there's something out there for everyone I guess.:clapcat:

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Finding a good poultry free food is hard. I do want to try the Dr Elseys.
Oh yeah. That's so true. I have to buy chicken free for our Airedale and it's not easy. Even the Dr. Elseys Salmon formula has cried chicken in it.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"dried"

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard a lot of good things about it but our home is poultry free so I can't try it. :disappointed:
Can you have chicken fat? if so you might try Farmina sometime. they have a venison and pumpkin flavor, it does have chicken fat, and whole eggs in it, but my cats LOVE that food. And they normally are not big fans of venison. It has about 17% carbs, not bad, but as i free feed i picked Elseys with 5%.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you have chicken fat? if so you might try Farmina sometime. they have a venison and pumpkin flavor, it does have chicken fat, and whole eggs in it, but my cats LOVE that food. And they normally are not big fans of venison. It has about 17% carbs, not bad, but as i free feed i picked Elseys with 5%.
We are trying Farmina as a mix with their current food.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are trying Farmina as a mix with their current food.
How are your cats liking the Farmina ? What flavor do you feed ?