Don't Know What's On My Cats Head

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It kind of looks like the areas Feeby gets when she over-scratches. It seems like every spring and fall (aka allergies) she will scratch more than normal and more often. And, she ends up with scabby areas, some worse than others - mostly on her head but has had them on her neck area too. She does end up with tiny little bald spots, but they disappear pretty quickly. She didn't do this when she was younger, so like people, the older she has gotten the more prone she is likely to have allergies. When they first occurred, the vet said they were probably from her scratching too much and because of the time of year thought they were allergy related.

If they disappear soon, it is likely to be allergy related. I have never wanted to get Feeby allergy medicine since this only occurs twice a year for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully, your cat has an upcoming vet appt. and you can ask them about it.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like she's scratching herself. Is she on a flea preventative? Had she been checked for ear mites? Cats can have allergies but usually it's fleas.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the forum and came here for support. Here is an excellent Article on skin conditions in cats that may be helpful:
Skin Conditions In Cats

Good luck! Please keep us posted on her progress. :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vaxius

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It kind of looks like the areas Feeby gets when she over-scratches. It seems like every spring and fall (aka allergies) she will scratch more than normal and more often. And, she ends up with scabby areas, some worse than others - mostly on her head but has had them on her neck area too. She does end up with tiny little bald spots, but they disappear pretty quickly. She didn't do this when she was younger, so like people, the older she has gotten the more prone she is likely to have allergies. When they first occurred, the vet said they were probably from her scratching too much and because of the time of year thought they were allergy related.

If they disappear soon, it is likely to be allergy related. I have never wanted to get Feeby allergy medicine since this only occurs twice a year for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully, your cat has an upcoming vet appt. and you can ask them about it.
He's got an appointment this week

cat calamity

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
My cat had something similar to this. Turned out she had been scratching at her ears. (Ear infections).