Dollhouses

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This picture just happened to turn up in my memories today. Unfortunately it’s just a blurry view of the front. This is Pumpkin; my moms cat who is almost 17 now. But you can see the windows (plastic for the glass), lights and a few curtains. The left window is a bay window for the livingroom.

View attachment 342696

The reddish thing underneath is a stand on casters. The house itself is on a turntable so it was easy to move to play with. My Grandpa also built the stand.
I would never have thought to put a dollhouse on a turntable, but that's an excellent idea!

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does a doll house made from a few shoe boxes count? I made it myself when I was a kid. I don't have pictures though...
I basically took a few shoe boxes and stood them on their ends and taped them together, so I had three "rooms" all next to each other. I drew, painted and taped things on the inside of the boxes to look like a decorated room and used other random stuff to make a bed and table to sit just outside of the "backdrop" of the three rooms.
It wasn't fancy but worked well enough for a kid with imagination. We didn't get many big toys growing up, but I love crafts so I had lots of fun making it.