Does your Faith see you through?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I have had our fair share of rotten luck throughout our lives, and we got through it thanks to the love our friends and family. We don't put blind faith in an unknown being, I feel I'm too scientific for that - we try to make our own luck, and have been fairly successful so far. Our bad luck is beyond our control, and we have gotten through it and are still strong positive people. It has nothing to do with faith in a God, but it has everything to do with faith in ourselves and each other, which I feel is more important.

What about children who are abused? They are innocents and they don't deserve what they are getting from life.
Originally Posted by jamasmom

I agree with you 100%, what I mean by this is that those who do horrible things such as abuse children, will themselves have miserable lives, it will come back to haunt them.
This is the sort of thing I have issues with. Why would a God let these sort of things happen to innocent people.

Our rotten luck was having a stillborn child 2 weeks before he was scheduled to be delivered. As it turned out, it ended up with me having open heart surgery long before they would have otherwise, and discovering my heart condition was a lot worse than they expected. I put this down to bad luck, and what goes around comes around. We try to live good lives, and my bad luck turned into something fortunate - I am still here today, maybe because my son died. My husband and I had the faith in each other and our support network to get through our grief and go through major surgery soon after.

I have no problem with people who put their faith in a God, it's just not what I do.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always!
My faith always seems to get me through both the good and hard times, no matter what comes up, and there have definitely been more bumps in the road than I could ever count!

(I am a Christian....I was actually raised with part of my family being Jewish and the other side Christian,so I have a deep respect for both religions and that has definitely impacted my life. On an amusing note, the school I went to from 2nd grade till 12th grade was called "Evangelical Christian School"
SOOO not kidding!!!!)

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to agree - regardless of what people believe, I think it's important that they can believe in SOMETHING that sees them through. I believe in a higher being and angels.... whether or not it is a deity, I don't know, but I believe and I believe that there is a better place somewhere out there, and that's enough to see me through.