does your cats eye reflect blue?

darlingsmom

cat enthusiast
Kitten
Purraise
hello!
i have a 13 week old flame point kitten, tonight when i was taking a video of him, i noticed that each of his eyes reflect the light from my flash differently. his right eye (left in the photos) reflects more red, whereas the other reflects more yellow. ive read that this is normal, and has something to do with the tapetum lucidum. but, i noticed that his right eye also has a large blue section that reflected, kind of like an oval near the bottom of his eye.
im curious if anyone else has had a cat with this kind of eye reflection before? is it something i should be worried about?

1AED55A4-D6BE-44EE-9B67-E9E72BF890C2.jpeg
9D4C7344-991E-4DD3-B88B-00A821603DF2.jpeg

heyitskevinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WHAT A DARLING! Wow, his facial structure is very pretty.
I do not think this is an issue, my cats eyes do this too! But more purple-y than blue. :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. bring him in as soon as possible to have that checked, those excellent pictures would be very helpful too. It may not be serious, he may actually have two different eyes from different parents, like two different colored eyes. Blue eyes reflect differently than green eyes. But you should have it checked out to make sure he isn't having problems with that eye, and to save the sight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darlingsmom

cat enthusiast
Kitten
Purraise
WHAT A DARLING! Wow, his facial structure is very pretty.
I do not think this is an issue, my cats eyes do this too! But more purple-y than blue. :)
he has such a unique head shape! its even more predominant when his fur is a little wet haha. i appreciate you letting me know! it freaked me out a little bit to see, but he doesnt seem to have any issues with his sight and hes recently been to the vet, so perhaps its just some odd quirk he has haha.