Does this Spay Incision Look Ok?

CatLadyofNine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. Olaf, my 8 year old cat, soon to be 9 on August 26th, got spayed on August 4th due to a pyometra. She was scaring me on the Zorbium when we got home but she did calm down by Monday evening and finally had pooped since her surgery. She is eating and drinking well, and using the litter box normally. Now since Monday, I started noticing a small lump under the incision, more so towards the left side. Since that day, it’s gotten larger and more noticeable. However, she is a very active cat and before she had her pyometra she was a very hyper and playful cat. She started on Tuesday trying to roughhouse and play and climb, and she has jumped a total of 4 times since being spayed. Not real high but enough to scare me. Now today she is a bit more mellow since I put the surgery suit back on her since the swelling has gotten a bit bigger. She hates the surgery suit and gets the soft cone off in a couple seconds, so I had kept it off her after Monday night since she seemed to be herself again, and didn’t seem to bother it. I read a bit on the swelling and I think it’s a seroma, from her roughhousing. I also read about a warm compress for a few mins a few times a day so I started that today. Last night I noticed it had looked a bit pinkish so that also alarmed me to keep the suit on her for a while again. I’m not sure what she did to it other than lick it because it did look good other than the swelling. I’ll attach pics from the day of the surgery up until today. Some of the pics aren’t very good because she doesn’t like to stay still for photos. Her vet appointment for a check up and another CBC is on Monday. Do you think her incision looks alright?

I’m a total worrywart so when I seen it pink last night I freaked out and put the suit on her right away. She’s been staying in our basement in a large dog pen away from the other cats and the dog. I let her out to walk around frequently. We’ve also been out in the catio two times but the other cats are a bit tense with her yet, she must have different smells on her.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

MadisonL

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It looks okay to me my kitten Amoura got spayed about 4 weeks ago I’m suprised that they didn’t tattoo her tho so if she got lost vets would know she’s fixed. Picture of it now so you could see it’s gotten better
IMG_5363.jpeg

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the above. The lump looks to be something called a seroma, which is painless and is usually caused by them jumping or running around being a little too active in general. Seromas do go away on their own.