Does this only happen to me

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My camera died, we rushed right out to Best Buy in order to have a camera for Christmas. We spent 2 hours looking. We were even the 2nd to last customers in the store! We wound up spending more than we wanted to, but I wanted pictures of the kittens on their first Christmas. I got a pretty good camera. But I was playing around with my "dead" one. I got the dead one to work, I turned it on, it started up right away, and takes perfect pictures. Stuff like this always happens to me. Am I the only 1?

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chances are if it died now, it would have chosen the next big thing you really wanted pictures from, to have died again! LOL!
Think of it this way, now you have an extra one that you can use for anything that could result in a hurt camera! Such as hiking, sports, anything like that!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Typically no, on expesive items. I make sure something is good and dead, and beyond me fixing it. Then I spend days or even weeks researching what I want. I cannot spend more than $20 on an item without invested research time first.
I don't know if thats from growing up with little money or just my overly detailed nature.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it hadn't been right before Christmas when I needed pictures. I probably would have waited to buy a new camera. However I suspect the old camera would have still stayed dead, no matter how long it took me to get a new 1, then magically just start working again
I have the old 1 as back up, and I took a few videos last night with it, so it still works.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What happened with your old camera, precisely? How old was it? It might be simply that the battery is messing up and needs replacing - in which case that's a cheap fix and you'd have a spare working camera then.

We don't take holiday pictures.
We don't have kids so I guess it doesn't matter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

What happened with your old camera, precisely? How old was it? It might be simply that the battery is messing up and needs replacing - in which case that's a cheap fix and you'd have a spare working camera then.

We don't take holiday pictures.
We don't have kids so I guess it doesn't matter.
The old camera wouldn't turn on, and the zoom lens got stuck, and wouldn't go back in. We changed the batteries about 3 or 4 different times, nothing happened. We even put in batteries from the remote control that we know were working, so it couldn't have been the batteries. I got that camera for Christmas 1 year, I want to say it was either 2003 or 2004.