Does this look normal? 2 different colors in cat poop

jahzara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It’s two different colors. (Referring to the larger piece on the bottom.)

——

3A8F7C5E-DD0C-4C6A-9395-EC3FEF74BA8B.jpeg

Last edited:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw something like that with Daisy’s the other day - her usual dark brown poo (similar colour to to the darker shade here) and a slightly red-brown tinge to part of it. Looked up to see if it might be blood, but nothing I found suggested that was likely. My guess was the helping of wet food she had that day might have caused it, and it hasn’t happened since. Did your cat have different food from normal in the time it would take this lot to form, OP?
Also Phoebe often has slightly different shades within one lot of poo, and she is always on the same food.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update, Phoebe just produced poo with two colours - not as marked as this, but definitely the same paler and darker contrast. I know it’s not any dietary changes. In her case I think it’s just how she goes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jahzara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for giving an update after checking the litter box, catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback

So I'm thinking either that part of the poop was possibly wet from urine and thus darker due to being wet, as susanm9006 susanm9006 suggested, or it was from my one cat that was eating a lighter colored wet food, but I found there was still a bit of his previous food that needed to be finished up, so I gave that to him. That food was darker in color. So it's possible it was a mix between the two foods.

This website said their poop should be uniform in color. Might be something to keep an eye on with Phoebe?

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for giving an update after checking the litter box, catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback

So I'm thinking either that part of the poop was possibly wet from urine and thus darker due to being wet, as susanm9006 susanm9006 suggested, or it was from my one cat that was eating a lighter colored wet food, but I found there was still a bit of his previous food that needed to be finished up, so I gave that to him. That food was darker in color. So it's possible it was a mix between the two foods.

This website said their poop should be uniform in color. Might be something to keep an eye on with Phoebe?
Phoebes has IBD - I don’t know if that produces odd colours in poo, but I will mention it when she has her checkup in three weeks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jahzara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Can't edit anymore, but I meant to say a lighter colored DRY food, not wet. (In case anyone ever is doing research for themselves and comes across this post.)