Does the incision look infected at all?

Jjkinda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some of you may know I just took my cat to get spayed because of a uterus infection, and I look at pictures of infected and uninfected incisions but I cant quite tell if this is normal or not.
I prefer only professional VTs , but if you can give me a professional answer that is fine.
I took her to get spayed on Tuesday.
It has been fluctuating in swelling but never has it been shiny/bloody.

Attached photos are in order of days I took them from the time she got home to today.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, if this were my cat, I'd send those photos to my vet, and be sure to explain that they're in daily order because in the third photo it loos like it might be opening up.

Last edited:

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks pretty good to me. I'd keep an eye on it. If you notice the incision getting an angry red color or any weeping from the incision, then get her to the vet immediately. If she becomes lethargic, stops eating, or you notice a change in litter box habits, that's another time to get her to the vet.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Looks pretty good to me. I'd keep an eye on it. If you notice the incision getting an angry red color or any weeping from the incision, then get her to the vet immediately. If she becomes lethargic, stops eating, or you notice a change in litter box habits, that's another time to get her to the vet.
:yeah: I'm not a vet tech, but I am a certified shelter animal caretaker, and that incision looks normal to me. Keep a close eye on it and report any changes to the vet.