Does spay incision look ok?

AnniePT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, this is my first time here.:)
My cat was spayed 8 days ago. She did not bring a cone home, and everything we bought her for protection was too big. So she does not have any kind of protection from licking the incision other than we are always looking at what she's doing and stop her. Everything looked fine and the incision started to scab. Today however it seems a bit open in the middle, I am not sure if this is because she licked the scabs or if I should worry about it. This is my first time having a cat spayed, so I'm constantly worrying about possible Infection. I should also mention that she's quite active and her behaviour did not change. So I'm not sure what to do, should I take her to the vet or does it look normal?

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After 8 days she should be well on the way to healing. The wound looks clean, no redness or weeping. You could send the photo to your vet to see what he thinks, this might put your mind at rest but it looks fine from the photo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnniePT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After 8 days she should be well on the way to healing. The wound looks clean, no redness or weeping. You could send the photo to your vet to see what he thinks, this might put your mind at rest but it looks fine from the photo.
Thank you very much for your reply. It's a relief to know that it looks normal. as I have nothing to compare it to, I was extra worried. Unfortunately the vet where we go is quite small so I can't send the pictures. But I will continue to keep an eye on the incision just in case and if something looks wrong I will go there immediately.