does oral liquid gabapentin make a cat urinate more?

user200400

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat was given gabapentin twice daily for 7 days (he has 4 days left on it) and since starting it hes been urinating more often.
is increased urination a side effect from gabapentin?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
How old is your kitty and why are you giving him gabapentin? I don’t think it’s usually listed as one of the side effects. It may be related to the reason you’re administering the pain meds or stress related to the problem and accompanying pain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

user200400

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How old is your kitty and why are you giving him gabapentin? I don’t think it’s usually listed as one of the side effects. It may be related to the reason you’re administering the pain meds or stress related to the problem and accompanying pain.
he had a paw/claw injury (puncture wound from another cat fight) and he was given and an injectable antibiotic that last 2 weeks as well gabapentin twice daily for 7/8 days. hes an outdoor cat and i have to keep him inside for a week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

user200400

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
he had a paw/claw injury (puncture wound from another cat fight) and he was given and an injectable antibiotic that last 2 weeks as well gabapentin twice daily for 7/8 days. hes an outdoor cat and i have to keep him inside for a week.
he is around 4/5 years old