Does my kitten have worms?

Cpuckette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I have a 3 week old kitten that has some hard matted/crusty spots on his back legs and tail. Not sure if it’s some kind of worm or mites? His legs seem all weirdly folded. This is my first time with kittens this young so not sure what’s normal or not. I added some photos of baby kitties legs

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is this one of the kittens you are fostering on another thread?

I’m not sure from your pictures what this is. It could be scabs but you say it seems matted. Will it come off with gentle cleaning with a warm, damp cloth?

I am most concerned with what you say is the folded over legs. Can this kitten walk? Does he seem in pain? He may have tendon issues that can be straightened by using tape and splints while he is still so young if it is tendon issues.

I need more information and better pictures, but I think that having the kitten evaluated by a vet ASAP would be best.

Do keep us posted. I note you have not responded to my questions about a kitten you mentioned was struggling with feeding on your other thread. I can advise better if you answer my questions.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! I have a 3 week old kitten that has some hard matted/crusty spots on his back legs and tail. Not sure if it’s some kind of worm or mites? His legs seem all weirdly folded. This is my first time with kittens this young so not sure what’s normal or not. I added some photos of baby kitties legs
How are you feeling him? Does he have his mom with him? Are you keeping him outside? He needs a vet asap!!! Emergency if you have to. He has to eat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cpuckette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I’m not sure from your pictures what this is. It could be scabs but you say it seems matted. Will it come off with gentle cleaning with a warm, damp cloth?

I am most concerned with what you say is the folded over legs. Can this kitten walk? Does he seem in pain? He may have tendon issues that can be straightened by using tape and splints while he is still so young if it is tendon issues.

I need more information and better pictures, but I think that having the kitten evaluated by a vet ASAP would be best.

Do keep us posted. I note you have not responded to my questions about a kitten you mentioned was struggling with feeding on your other thread. I can advise better if you answer my questions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cpuckette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How are you feeling him? Does he have his mom with him? Are you keeping him outside? He needs a vet asap!!! Emergency if you have to. He has to eat

I have tried washing them off they don’t seem to come off. As for the legs he is starting to walk he is wobbling around and the folded leg dosnt seem to bother him. I am taking him to the foster place later they believe it may be ring worm so going to test for that. The other kitten unfortunately passed away sorry for not responding ot was a bit of a crazy day